136 items found, showing page 8 of 12
People and organisations across Greater Manchester and beyond have just a few days left to have their say in a major consultation on how the city-region’s buses should be run, before the deadline of 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 January 2020.
Following the announcement of a new Environment Bill in yesterday’s Queen’s speech, Greater Manchester authorities today made renewed calls on government to commit funding to the region’s ambitious Clean Air Plan proposals.
• Trams to run on the new line from April
• Project set to complete seven months earlier than originally planned
• First major project to benefit from devolution deal
• Once complete it will signify another step towards ‘Our Network’, GM’s vision for a more integrated transport network
It’s been another record-breaking week for Vantage bus services as passenger numbers continue to go from strength to strength.
More than 2,500 responses have been received at the halfway point in a major consultation on how Greater Manchester’s buses should be run.
25 new cycling and walking schemes worth a combined total of £154M are set to be considered by Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) as part of the continued development of the Bee Network.
New Metrolink fares unveiled, including a price freeze on all single journeys and cheaper tickets for early risers and part-time workers
- Cost of all single journeys frozen at 2019 prices
- On average, fares will rise at a below-inflation rate of 2.2%
- New ticket offers giving early risers and part-time workers cheaper travel - building on feedback from Greater Manchester’s Good Employment Charter
- Some travelcards increase by 10p – the minimum rise possible
Metrolink’s contactless payment system hit the million-journey mark at the weekend, just four months after its launch on 15 July.
The first test tram has traversed the Trafford Park line track, capping a landmark week for the £350m Metrolink extension project.
Metrolink customers will have reason for a little extra Christmas cheer, with additional and later running trams set to operate throughout the festive period.
Two key landmarks have been reached marking a significant step towards completion of the Trafford Park line project.