160 items found, showing page 7 of 14
• Wearing of face coverings mandatory on public transport since 15 June
• Compliance levels are reducing, particularly on bus and Metrolink and in the afternoon & evening
• Only 60% of passengers wearing a face covering on trams in the evenings
• Police and operators step up engagement with a week of action at city centre locations
Residents advised to plan their journeys as bars, restaurants and other businesses reopen this weekend
People looking to travel across Greater Manchester are being urged to keep themselves and others safe by planning their journeys in advance and following safety guidelines ahead of this weekend - which will see thousands of hospitality businesses opening their doors for the first time since lockdown began.
The UK‘s first CYCLOPS (Cycle Optimised Protected Signals) junction has been launched in Hulme, South Manchester. The unique design separates pedestrians and cyclists from traffic, reducing the possibility of collisions or conflict.
Business owners and employees urged to follow Safely Reopening GM guidelines
Public asked to behave responsibly and support all workers
The development of a Greater Manchester Bike Hire scheme – which will enable thousands more people to make active journeys – has this week reached a major milestone as TfGM launches the search for a service provider to deliver the scheme.
Public transport passengers in Greater Manchester are being urged to continue playing their part in stopping the spread of coronavirus, after responding positively to the government’s face covering direction.
Thanks to a helping hand from Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Guide Dogs continues training its dogs safely using a bus.
Amey has been appointed by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) to expand and maintain the city-region’s publicly owned electric vehicle (EV) charging network.
A series of changes are being introduced across the transport network, starting Monday 15 June.
- Campaign across Greater Manchester on how to stay safe
- Business owners and employees urged to follow Safely Reopening GM guidelines
Bus, tram and rail passengers in Greater Manchester will be required to wear a face covering for the duration of their journey from 15 June.