105 items found, showing page 6 of 9
New Metrolink fares unveiled, including a price freeze on all single journeys and cheaper tickets for early risers and part-time workers
- Cost of all single journeys frozen at 2019 prices
- On average, fares will rise at a below-inflation rate of 2.2%
- New ticket offers giving early risers and part-time workers cheaper travel - building on feedback from Greater Manchester’s Good Employment Charter
- Some travelcards increase by 10p – the minimum rise possible
Metrolink’s contactless payment system hit the million-journey mark at the weekend, just four months after its launch on 15 July.
The first test tram has traversed the Trafford Park line track, capping a landmark week for the £350m Metrolink extension project.
Metrolink customers will have reason for a little extra Christmas cheer, with additional and later running trams set to operate throughout the festive period.
Two key landmarks have been reached marking a significant step towards completion of the Trafford Park line project.
Motorists are being encouraged to take care on the roads as the days get shorter and winter weather sets in.
A ground-breaking new scheme trialled in Stockport and aimed at transforming underused space into urban mini-parks has been hailed as an overwhelming success with 95% of people saying they would like more installed across Greater Manchester.
Greater Manchester is launching a major public consultation to get a wide range of views on how the city-region’s bus services should be run.
Yesterday, work began to repair Heaton Park’s historic tramway after it was targeted by thieves last week. The repairs are a collaboration between Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Keolis Amey Metrolink (KAM) and specialist transport engineering firm, Pod-Trak.
Wigan’s new bus station has proven to be a big hit with users during its first year - with customer satisfaction levels increasing almost threefold.
With tens of thousands of people set to march across the city centre this Sunday commuters are being urged to plan their journeys in advance.
- Double daily rail passenger numbers in regional centre to 200,000 by 2040
- Triple use of Metrolink across wider city-region
- Simple, convenient multimodal zonal ticketing
- Rebuild trust with a locally accountable GM Rail service
- Locally accountable rail network delivers reliable and frequent services
- GMCA to shortly consider the next key step in bus reform process