243 items found, showing page 5 of 21
Half a million pounds is to be spent improving safety and traffic efficiency at 20 Manchester pedestrian crossings.
Work under way to prepare for rollout of Greater Manchester wide Clean Air Zone and £120m Financial Support Scheme
- First of around 850 ANPR cameras and 2,000 signs being installed on the highways network in readiness for Greater Manchester-wide Clean Air Zone launch on 30 May 2022.
- The GM Clean Air Plan Financial Support Scheme to launch in late November to help make sure that affected drivers and businesses can easily access funding support to upgrade to compliant vehicles.
- Vehicle dealers are being sought to join the GM Clean Air Plan-accredited dealership scheme to help distribute the multi-million-pound funding.
- People asked for views on two issues so that the ten GM local authorities can decide if they are to be included in the final plan, affecting motorhomes and the boundary in the Worsley area.
- Contracts signed with Egis Projects SA, McCann & Co Ltd, AECOM Limited and QV Systems to build and operate the GM Clean Air Zone, expand the GM Clean Air Plan NO2 monitoring network and the technology underpinning the GM Clean Air Plan Financial Support Scheme.
More frequent trams are set to be reintroduced on Metrolink’s busiest lines from next week.
A temporary, new Park and Ride site is set to open in just a few weeks time as work moves ahead to increase the overall number of parking spaces available for Metrolink customers in Radcliffe and Whitefield.
- Mayor launches new ‘It’s Time’ campaign urging people to get back to what they love and support businesses across Greater Manchester – but to do it safely and keep each other safe.
- People asked to think about what changes they could make to their travel plans and use public transport or cycle or walk if possible.
- A range of flexible ticketing products are available now and a new Bee Flex Weekly product launches in September – meaning people can make unlimited journeys on Metrolink and never pay more than a seven-day travel pass.
- On-board safety remains a key priority with a major new sponsorship deal signed with Lifebuoy – providing free hand sanitiser across the Metrolink and bus network.
Stockport bus station is set to close to passengers from Sunday 29 August as part of a major redevelopment scheme which will deliver a new £120m transport interchange and help to transform the town centre.
Residents in Wigan can now give their views on several proposed new crossings that will enable more people to make short journeys on foot or by bike in the borough.
The Eccles Metrolink line will reopen from Monday 16 August after the completion of safety-critical engineering works.
The police and five not-for-profit organisations dedicated to supporting local communities across Greater Manchester have been given a bike boost, thanks to Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and GreaterSport.
New technology is set to offer a major boost to Greater Manchester’s unprecedented investment into cycling and walking infrastructure.
Residents in Oldham and Trafford are being asked for their views on several proposed new crossings which are being created to enable more people to travel on foot or by bike for local trips.
Sports fans, music lovers and event goers are in for a summer of fun, with the return of full capacity events across Greater Manchester.