70 items found, showing page 4 of 6
26 Sep 2019
- Double daily rail passenger numbers in regional centre to 200,000 by 2040
- Triple use of Metrolink across wider city-region
- Simple, convenient multimodal zonal ticketing
- Rebuild trust with a locally accountable GM Rail service
- Locally accountable rail network delivers reliable and frequent services
- GMCA to shortly consider the next key step in bus reform process
23 Sep 2019
Stretford Cycleway open for business as part of a £42 million region-wide cycling investment programme
Stretford Cycleway has now been completed, meaning people travelling on bikes in Trafford can enjoy safer journeys away from traffic in a segregated bike lane. The 3.2km cycleway, which runs up Stretford Road and Talbot Road includes segregated cycle lanes, improved crossings, new cycle markings, carriageway surfacing and bus stop and parking bay bypasses – providing more space and protection for people travelling by bike.
03 Sep 2019
A green light on HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail is ‘critical to the long term success of the UK and all its parts’, says new campaign backed by business and political leaders
Business and political leaders from the North have today joined together to launch Connecting Britain, a campaign to speak with one, united voice and underline the importance of the full delivery of both HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) for communities throughout the North of England. This follows the Government announcement of an independent review of HS2.
28 Aug 2019