76 items found, showing page 2 of 7
03 Mar 2020
14 Feb 2020
Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, has announced the launch of the ‘contactless early bird bonus’ from this Monday (17 February) to help Metrolink commuters beat the morning rush.
Representing a commitment by the Mayor to give customers even better value for money and to help ease congestion, the ‘contactless early bird bonus’ will offer savings on the anytime travelcard price to people travelling before 7am on weekdays.
07 Feb 2020
05 Feb 2020
28 Jan 2020
Leaders urge critical Government backing to deliver the UK’s largest Cycling and Walking network - creating 2.5 million daily active trips, £6 billion in benefits and a national blueprint
- Mayor of Greater Manchester and Cycling and Walking Commissioner will deliver a report to Government setting out how a revolutionary walking and cycling network will help tackle the climate emergency, inactivity and congestion, prompting country-wide travel change
- Benefits of the plan include:
- A huge increase in daily cycling and walking trips
- A multi-billion-pound health boost for Greater Manchester
- Fewer vehicle trips leading to better air quality and lower carbon emissions
- Reduced levels of congestion and faster journey times
- Guaranteed Government commitment is now needed to put the plans into action