243 items found, showing page 2 of 21
A new ground-breaking pilot is set to give people in Greater Manchester access to electric cars and e-cargo bikes, as an alternate to private vehicles.
As we continue to see high numbers of visitors into Manchester for shopping and leisure, major sporting events and concerts, it’s important to plan ahead before travelling this weekend.
With more people than ever using Metrolink since lockdown and increasing numbers expected to visit the city-region’s town and city centres this weekend, Metrolink passengers are being encouraged to take extra care when travelling.
Young people warned that antisocial behaviour on public transport could see them lose their travel passes
Young people using travel passes to get around Greater Manchester could have them removed if they persistently engage in antisocial behaviour, the Travel Safe Partnership has warned.
'None for the Road': Christmas campaign highlights potentially fatal consequences of driving after drinking or taking drugs
The potentially fatal consequences of getting behind the wheel after drinking or taking drugs is the focus of a new awareness campaign this Christmas.
Greater Manchester is open for Christmas, so get the most out of it and travel by Metrolink – the UK’s largest light rail network – to enjoy great days out with family and friends.
The Charlatans' Tim Burgess will be Telling Stories on Metrolink ahead of the return of his Vinyl Adventures Record Fair
Legendary Charlatans frontman, Tim Burgess is no stranger to hearing himself being played out over the airwaves - but this week he has made his debut on a different set of speakers, as the voice of Metrolink.
Greater Manchester residents have been advised that they will need to follow targeted and temporary measures – including wearing face coverings on all forms of public transport - to help prevent the spread of the new Omicron variant.
Greater Manchester’s Clean Air Financial Support Scheme is now open for applications from locally-registered heavy goods vehicle (HGV) owners who could be affected by the introduction of the city-region’s Clean Air Zone.
- Clean Air Zone Financial Support Scheme to launch on 30 November for Greater Manchester-registered heavy goods vehicles (HGVs).
- Funding for GM-licensed taxis and private hire vehicles, coaches, vans and minibuses will open at end of January 2022, along with applications for exemptions and discounts
- Online checker– launched to provide more support to Greater Manchester residents and businesses to prepare ahead of Clean Air Zone - now live
- Contracts signed with Hampshire Trust Bank, Haydock Finance, RCI Financial Services and Shire Leasing to provide vehicle financing to help people upgrade
- Letters to be delivered in late November to Greater Manchester-registered HGV owners that would be subject to Clean Air Zone daily charges – directly notifying those affected of exemptions and funding support
- Installation of Clean Air Zone ANPR enforcement cameras and signage continues as part of major roll-out ahead of the Zone going live on 30 May 2022
With the festive season now in full swing, the Christmas markets booming, shoppers out hunting for gifts, friends and family getting together and a series of major sporting events and gigs coming up - people are being asked to plan ahead when making journeys over the next month.
Greater Manchester is bringing together experts from across the country to help develop an action plan to reduce road danger in the region.