268 items found, showing page 14 of 23
Greater Manchester chooses Vivacity Labs to deploy AI-controlled road junctions to optimise traffic networks
- New world of travel sees more cyclists and pedestrians using junctions originally designed to prioritise cars and other vehicles
- Vivacity Labs’ AI to be used at ‘smart junctions’ to give priority to other road users, accommodating more foot/bike travellers
Businesses urged to have their say on two major consultations to help Greater Manchester build back greener
As England faces tighter restrictions as part of a second national lockdown, Greater Manchester’s leaders are calling on all businesses to make sure they have their say in two major public consultations to help shape the city-region’s final plans to tackle air pollution as part of efforts to build back cleaner and greener following the pandemic.
The first of 27 new Metrolink trams is set to arrive next week, boosting capacity on the network and providing more space for social distancing.
From today (Thursday 5 November), as the nation starts a four-week lockdown, people are being told to follow the latest government coronavirus regulations and guidance to avoid travelling and stay at home.
Greater Manchester’s Bee Network plan to deliver the UK’s first joined up cycling and walking network is set to be boosted by almost £12m worth of new cycling and walking routes.
An NHS trust in Greater Manchester has partnered with Metrolink to train staff in mental health awareness. The training course improves the skills needed to support someone in distress, and helps Metrolink key workers recognise and respond effectively to signs of a mental health crisis.
Motorists across Greater Manchester are being warned to take extra care behind the wheel as darker nights draw in and winter weather arrives.
Greater Manchester has secured a further £2.4m to continue running additional school bus services for the second half of the Autumn term, to make sure schoolchildren can get to school safely.
Greater Manchester’s bike hire scheme has moved one step closer with four operators shortlisted, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) announced today.
Police and transport operators have joined forces to stage a series of engagement events aimed at reminding students and young people of the vital importance of travelling safely and wearing face coverings on public transport.
Cycling and walking building boom: 55 miles of new routes and 140 new crossings to be created across Greater Manchester by December 2021
• 55 miles of protected routes and 140 new crossings for people on foot and bikes will be created next year
• The projects that councils across Greater Manchester plan to deliver total around £85 million, creating world class infrastructure and kick-starting the city-region’s plans for the UK’s largest cycling and walking network – The Bee Network
• 25 miles of pop-up routes and two low-traffic neighbourhoods will also be delivered
• Plans heralded as a “huge step” by Mayor and “the start of a transport revolution” by Commissioner Chris Boardman
• A selection of visualisations can be downloaded here
Salford City Council is to trial an e-scooter rental scheme as part of a national government scheme to fast-track trialling their use – it will be on the streets next month.