169 items found, showing page 10 of 15
Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, has announced the launch of the ‘contactless early bird bonus’ from this Monday (17 February) to help Metrolink commuters beat the morning rush.
Representing a commitment by the Mayor to give customers even better value for money and to help ease congestion, the ‘contactless early bird bonus’ will offer savings on the anytime travelcard price to people travelling before 7am on weekdays.
Chris Boardman welcomes DfT cycle training commitment, but says Government must back GM plans to fully maximise its investment
Following the DfT's announcement to offer cycle training to every child in England, Chris Boardman offers his support but says the Government must invest in GM's network.
Mayor announces plans for thousands more women to benefit from extension of Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass
The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham has announced his intention to extend the Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass, offering thousands more women the opportunity to benefit from unlimited off-peak travel in Greater Manchester.
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is introducing changes to the pension-age concessionary pass and Women’s Concessionary Travel pass from tomorrow, Saturday 1 February.
Leaders urge critical Government backing to deliver the UK’s largest Cycling and Walking network - creating 2.5 million daily active trips, £6 billion in benefits and a national blueprint
- Mayor of Greater Manchester and Cycling and Walking Commissioner will deliver a report to Government setting out how a revolutionary walking and cycling network will help tackle the climate emergency, inactivity and congestion, prompting country-wide travel change
- Benefits of the plan include:
- A huge increase in daily cycling and walking trips
- A multi-billion-pound health boost for Greater Manchester
- Fewer vehicle trips leading to better air quality and lower carbon emissions
- Reduced levels of congestion and faster journey times
- Guaranteed Government commitment is now needed to put the plans into action
City centre travel is likely to be busier than usual this Wednesday evening (29 January) so commuters are being urged to plan ahead and consider the time they travel to avoid delays.
Ambassador of the Netherlands, Simon Smits visited Greater Manchester to meet with Mayor Andy Burnham and business leaders to discuss ambitious future plans for transport in the region.
The consultation on a proposed bus franchising scheme for Greater Manchester has now closed with more than 8,000 responses.
It’s been a decade to remember for Greater Manchester’s Metrolink network with unprecedented expansion leading to soaring popularity.
People and organisations across Greater Manchester and beyond have just a few days left to have their say in a major consultation on how the city-region’s buses should be run, before the deadline of 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 January 2020.
Following the announcement of a new Environment Bill in yesterday’s Queen’s speech, Greater Manchester authorities today made renewed calls on government to commit funding to the region’s ambitious Clean Air Plan proposals.
• Trams to run on the new line from April
• Project set to complete seven months earlier than originally planned
• First major project to benefit from devolution deal
• Once complete it will signify another step towards ‘Our Network’, GM’s vision for a more integrated transport network