243 items found, showing page 10 of 21
Mayor sets out £69.5m transport improvements to help deliver world-class integrated transport network for Greater Manchester’s residents and businesses
- Transforming Cities Fund 2 set to deliver new quality bus transit routes, expand EV charging network , upgrade rail stations and fund the assessment of new rail and Metrolink stops.
- Mayor says funding is about more than delivering infrastructure – it will aid social and economic recovery by better connecting communities and improving opportunity, as well as supporting our target to be net zero carbon by 2038.
- Greater Manchester to publish refreshed Transport Strategy for 2040 and Five Year Transport Delivery Plan setting out plans, funding and powers to create a world-class, modern, integrated and reliable transport system.
People and organisations across Greater Manchester and beyond have just a few days left to have their say in a consultation on the future of the city-region's buses, before the deadline of midnight on Friday 29 January.
- The UK’s second pioneering CYCLOPS (Cycle Optimised Protected Signals) junction has launched in Bolton
- Pioneered in Greater Manchester, the award-winning design is being rolled out across the UK with a further nine CYCLOPS junctions set to be delivered in 2021.
- The design has attracted global attention, including interest from cities in Germany, Switzerland, the USA and Canada
More than 100,000 concessionary pass holders whose tram and train add-on is due to expire are being encouraged not to travel to renew their pass.
Residents in Bolton and Bury are being asked how they’d like to improve the streets where they live as part of plans to create a series of new low-traffic neighbourhoods across Greater Manchester.
Police and transport staff have taken swift action in response to a spate of youth-related antisocial behaviour on the Manchester Airport Metrolink line.
Local leaders are urging all residents and organisations across Greater Manchester to make sure their voices are heard on the future of the city-region’s buses as a major consultation enters its final weeks.
Police and transport staff have once again joined forces to highlight the fact people using public transport must wear a face covering unless exempt.
Businesses across Greater Manchester, including arts centre HOME and Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust, have been awarded a TfGM accreditation for their work in supporting on foot and by bike travel or using electric vehicles within their organisations.
Greater Manchester transport bosses are urging the public to stay local if possible this Christmas – and carefully consider any travel plans, in line with the latest government travel advice.
A total of £8.4m has been allocated to progressing the seven latest Bee Network cycling and walking schemes; as part of Greater Manchester’s plan to deliver the UK’s largest joined up cycling and walking network.
Greater Manchester to deliver 24 miles of cycling and walking routes using national Government’s Active Travel Fund
- National government has committed a further £16m to Greater Manchester (GM) to deliver 24 miles of permanent cycling and walking routes.
- Announcement bolsters Greater Manchester’s Bee Network Year of Delivery with a core network of cycling routes on major corridors to Manchester and Salford city centres; some of the key schemes being delivered.
- Manchester city centre and the city-region's towns are also set to benefit from a further 17 filter points and footpath improvements, as well as three junction improvements and six new crossings.
- New routes will be a key part of the delivery of Greater Manchester’s Our Network plans for a truly integrated public transport system.