21 items found, showing page 2 of 2
Business owners and employees urged to follow Safely Reopening GM guidelines
Public asked to behave responsibly and support all workers
Public transport passengers in Greater Manchester are being urged to continue playing their part in stopping the spread of coronavirus, after responding positively to the government’s face covering direction.
Bus, tram and rail passengers in Greater Manchester will be required to wear a face covering for the duration of their journey from 15 June.
- GM residents urged to only travel if necessary and cycle, walk or drive as first choice
- Public transport for those who need it and only use it as a last option
- Those who must use it asked to follow guidance to keep themselves, staff and public safe
- Metrolink services to increase frequency from next week to allow social distancing
Early morning peak-time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to help Greater Manchester’s older and disabled get to shops during Coronavirus outbreak
• Peak time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to allow older and disabled people free travel for essential journeys during morning rush hour.
• Refunds available for some Metrolink 28-day and annual passes.
• Non-essential travel by public transport discouraged as public transport services expected to reduce in frequency.
Statement from TfGM Customer Director, Stephen Rhodes, on the Coronavirus pandemic.
Mayor announces plans for thousands more women to benefit from extension of Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass
The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham has announced his intention to extend the Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass, offering thousands more women the opportunity to benefit from unlimited off-peak travel in Greater Manchester.
With tens of thousands of people set to march across the city centre this Sunday commuters are being urged to plan their journeys in advance.
- Double daily rail passenger numbers in regional centre to 200,000 by 2040
- Triple use of Metrolink across wider city-region
- Simple, convenient multimodal zonal ticketing
- Rebuild trust with a locally accountable GM Rail service
- Locally accountable rail network delivers reliable and frequent services
- GMCA to shortly consider the next key step in bus reform process