61 items found, showing page 5 of 6
Metrolink will open doors to some of the region’s most iconic visitor destinations when the new £350m Trafford Park Line launches on Sunday 22 March.
Driver training is underway on the Trafford Park line marking another significant step towards the opening.
Mayor announces plans for thousands more women to benefit from extension of Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass
The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham has announced his intention to extend the Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass, offering thousands more women the opportunity to benefit from unlimited off-peak travel in Greater Manchester.
It’s been a decade to remember for Greater Manchester’s Metrolink network with unprecedented expansion leading to soaring popularity.
• Trams to run on the new line from April
• Project set to complete seven months earlier than originally planned
• First major project to benefit from devolution deal
• Once complete it will signify another step towards ‘Our Network’, GM’s vision for a more integrated transport network
New Metrolink fares unveiled, including a price freeze on all single journeys and cheaper tickets for early risers and part-time workers
- Cost of all single journeys frozen at 2019 prices
- On average, fares will rise at a below-inflation rate of 2.2%
- New ticket offers giving early risers and part-time workers cheaper travel - building on feedback from Greater Manchester’s Good Employment Charter
- Some travelcards increase by 10p – the minimum rise possible
Metrolink’s contactless payment system hit the million-journey mark at the weekend, just four months after its launch on 15 July.
The first test tram has traversed the Trafford Park line track, capping a landmark week for the £350m Metrolink extension project.
Metrolink customers will have reason for a little extra Christmas cheer, with additional and later running trams set to operate throughout the festive period.
Two key landmarks have been reached marking a significant step towards completion of the Trafford Park line project.
Yesterday, work began to repair Heaton Park’s historic tramway after it was targeted by thieves last week. The repairs are a collaboration between Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Keolis Amey Metrolink (KAM) and specialist transport engineering firm, Pod-Trak.
With tens of thousands of people set to march across the city centre this Sunday commuters are being urged to plan their journeys in advance.