56 items found, showing page 2 of 5
- Unprecedented expansion programme has trebled the size of the network, making Metrolink the largest light rail system in the UK
- Millions of car journeys taken from city-region’s roads and thousands of tonnes of CO2 saved
- Significant improvement in access to employment, further education, and healthcare – particularly for deprived communities
- Report reinforces importance of Metrolink in supporting Greater Manchester’s future transport ambitions
Police and transport staff are warning of the dangers and consequences of throwing objects at buses and trams following a spate of incidents this year.
Greater Manchester concessionary pass holders do not need to travel to renew their tram and train add-on until late June at the earliest after the deadline for renewal was extended by nearly three months.
The TravelSafe Partnership has marked its 50th ‘day of action’ by clamping down on people making non-essential journeys on public transport.
More than 100,000 concessionary pass holders whose tram and train add-on is due to expire are being encouraged not to travel to renew their pass.
Police and transport staff have taken swift action in response to a spate of youth-related antisocial behaviour on the Manchester Airport Metrolink line.
Police and transport staff have once again joined forces to highlight the fact people using public transport must wear a face covering unless exempt.
Greater Manchester transport bosses are urging the public to stay local if possible this Christmas – and carefully consider any travel plans, in line with the latest government travel advice.
Metrolink services were disrupted earlier, after a number of trams were withdrawn from service.
- Dedicated ‘trambassadors’ on Metrolink helping people to travel safely
- TfGM joins national hidden disability scheme to boost exempt passengers' confidence when travelling
- First of 27 new trams to be put in service & delivery of the second imminent
- TravelSafe Partnership to hold further days of action around face covering compliance on transport
- An extra 500 hours cleaning every week on trams and stops across the network in line with increased travel
The first of 27 new Metrolink trams has arrived in Manchester after an epic 1,800km journey across Europe.
The recently opened Metrolink line though Trafford Park has been recognised as an ‘outstanding engineering achievement’ after scooping several prestigious national industry awards.