17 items found, showing page 1 of 2
21 May 2020
- GM residents urged to only travel if necessary and cycle, walk or drive as first choice
- Public transport for those who need it and only use it as a last option
- Those who must use it asked to follow guidance to keep themselves, staff and public safe
- Metrolink services to increase frequency from next week to allow social distancing
03 Apr 2020
- Do not travel unless it is absolutely essential – stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives.
- You should only be travelling for work, supplies, to care for others or for medical reasons.
- If you have to travel, drive, cycle or walk, use public transport if you have no other option.
- If you have to drive slow down and take care on the roads – reduce pressure on the NHS.
- Metrolink tram frequency is reducing to a 20-minute service
19 Mar 2020
Early morning peak-time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to help Greater Manchester’s older and disabled get to shops during Coronavirus outbreak
• Peak time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to allow older and disabled people free travel for essential journeys during morning rush hour.
• Refunds available for some Metrolink 28-day and annual passes.
• Non-essential travel by public transport discouraged as public transport services expected to reduce in frequency.
05 Feb 2020
20 Dec 2019
22 Nov 2019
New Metrolink fares unveiled, including a price freeze on all single journeys and cheaper tickets for early risers and part-time workers
- Cost of all single journeys frozen at 2019 prices
- On average, fares will rise at a below-inflation rate of 2.2%
- New ticket offers giving early risers and part-time workers cheaper travel - building on feedback from Greater Manchester’s Good Employment Charter
- Some travelcards increase by 10p – the minimum rise possible