11 items found
An exciting milestone is set to be passed as plans to develop a modern transport interchange and residential development in Stockport town centre begin to take shape.
The first of 27 new Metrolink trams has arrived in Manchester after an epic 1,800km journey across Europe.
The recently opened Metrolink line though Trafford Park has been recognised as an ‘outstanding engineering achievement’ after scooping several prestigious national industry awards.
Plans to increase park and ride provision at Radcliffe and Whitefield have been given the green light – boosting access to sustainable transport in the area.
The first of 27 new Metrolink trams is set to arrive next week, boosting capacity on the network and providing more space for social distancing.
Mayor of Greater Manchester urges everyone to ‘do their bit’ and prepare for a different commute as hundreds of thousands return to education and work
• Tens of thousands of extra journeys are expected on roads and public transport across Greater Manchester from next week as schools and colleges begin to reopen and more people return to work
• Mayor calls on people to plan ahead, allow extra time for journeys and cycle or walk if possible to reduce congestion and protect limited capacity on public transport
• People returning to work are also encouraged to avoid peak hours where possible
• TfGM and transport operators have worked hard to make sure services are as safe, clean and reliable as possible - but passengers are asked to wear a face covering unless exempt, maintain a safe distance when travelling and wash hands frequently.
Services are set to start running from the brand-new Ashton-under-Lyne interchange this weekend, providing passengers with much-improved facilities and a modern, accessible gateway to the town.
Early morning peak-time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to help Greater Manchester’s older and disabled get to shops during Coronavirus outbreak
• Peak time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to allow older and disabled people free travel for essential journeys during morning rush hour.
• Refunds available for some Metrolink 28-day and annual passes.
• Non-essential travel by public transport discouraged as public transport services expected to reduce in frequency.
Mayor announces plans for thousands more women to benefit from extension of Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass
The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham has announced his intention to extend the Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass, offering thousands more women the opportunity to benefit from unlimited off-peak travel in Greater Manchester.
• Trams to run on the new line from April
• Project set to complete seven months earlier than originally planned
• First major project to benefit from devolution deal
• Once complete it will signify another step towards ‘Our Network’, GM’s vision for a more integrated transport network
With tens of thousands of people set to march across the city centre this Sunday commuters are being urged to plan their journeys in advance.