8 items found
Mayor of Greater Manchester urges everyone to ‘do their bit’ and prepare for a different commute as hundreds of thousands return to education and work
• Tens of thousands of extra journeys are expected on roads and public transport across Greater Manchester from next week as schools and colleges begin to reopen and more people return to work
• Mayor calls on people to plan ahead, allow extra time for journeys and cycle or walk if possible to reduce congestion and protect limited capacity on public transport
• People returning to work are also encouraged to avoid peak hours where possible
• TfGM and transport operators have worked hard to make sure services are as safe, clean and reliable as possible - but passengers are asked to wear a face covering unless exempt, maintain a safe distance when travelling and wash hands frequently.
Metrolink running times are set to be extended through to midnight six days a week from the end of August, Transport for Greater Manchester has announced today.
TfGM urges parents and pupils to check travel advice, plan ahead and cycle or walk to school where possible in September
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is advising parents and pupils to plan ahead for how they will travel to school in September and to cycle, walk or scoot to school where they can.
Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, has announced the launch of the ‘contactless early bird bonus’ from this Monday (17 February) to help Metrolink commuters beat the morning rush.
Representing a commitment by the Mayor to give customers even better value for money and to help ease congestion, the ‘contactless early bird bonus’ will offer savings on the anytime travelcard price to people travelling before 7am on weekdays.
Mayor announces plans for thousands more women to benefit from extension of Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass
The Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham has announced his intention to extend the Women’s Concessionary Travel Pass, offering thousands more women the opportunity to benefit from unlimited off-peak travel in Greater Manchester.
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is introducing changes to the pension-age concessionary pass and Women’s Concessionary Travel pass from tomorrow, Saturday 1 February.
New Metrolink fares unveiled, including a price freeze on all single journeys and cheaper tickets for early risers and part-time workers
- Cost of all single journeys frozen at 2019 prices
- On average, fares will rise at a below-inflation rate of 2.2%
- New ticket offers giving early risers and part-time workers cheaper travel - building on feedback from Greater Manchester’s Good Employment Charter
- Some travelcards increase by 10p – the minimum rise possible
Metrolink’s contactless payment system hit the million-journey mark at the weekend, just four months after its launch on 15 July.