45 items found, showing page 2 of 4
The TravelSafe Partnership has marked its 50th ‘day of action’ by clamping down on people making non-essential journeys on public transport.
A new scheme to provide parking at Walkden rail station, boosting access to sustainable transport while helping to combat congestion and improve air quality, has been given the green light.
More than 100,000 concessionary pass holders whose tram and train add-on is due to expire are being encouraged not to travel to renew their pass.
Police and transport staff have taken swift action in response to a spate of youth-related antisocial behaviour on the Manchester Airport Metrolink line.
Police and transport staff have once again joined forces to highlight the fact people using public transport must wear a face covering unless exempt.
Greater Manchester transport bosses are urging the public to stay local if possible this Christmas – and carefully consider any travel plans, in line with the latest government travel advice.
Metrolink services were disrupted earlier, after a number of trams were withdrawn from service.
- Dedicated ‘trambassadors’ on Metrolink helping people to travel safely
- TfGM joins national hidden disability scheme to boost exempt passengers' confidence when travelling
- First of 27 new trams to be put in service & delivery of the second imminent
- TravelSafe Partnership to hold further days of action around face covering compliance on transport
- An extra 500 hours cleaning every week on trams and stops across the network in line with increased travel
An exciting milestone is set to be passed as plans to develop a modern transport interchange and residential development in Stockport town centre begin to take shape.
Plans to increase park and ride provision at Radcliffe and Whitefield have been given the green light – boosting access to sustainable transport in the area.
The first of 27 new Metrolink trams is set to arrive next week, boosting capacity on the network and providing more space for social distancing.
Police and transport operators have joined forces to stage a series of engagement events aimed at reminding students and young people of the vital importance of travelling safely and wearing face coverings on public transport.