17 items found, showing page 1 of 2
27 Jul 2020
• Increase in face covering compliance reported as police and operators step-up engagement
• Nearly 2,500 face coverings handed out to passengers
• Passengers reminded of requirement to wear face coverings in transport hubs as well as on buses, trains and trams to continue to help limit spread of coronavirus
16 Jul 2020
• Wearing of face coverings mandatory on public transport since 15 June
• Compliance levels are reducing, particularly on bus and Metrolink and in the afternoon & evening
• Only 60% of passengers wearing a face covering on trams in the evenings
• Police and operators step up engagement with a week of action at city centre locations
21 May 2020
- GM residents urged to only travel if necessary and cycle, walk or drive as first choice
- Public transport for those who need it and only use it as a last option
- Those who must use it asked to follow guidance to keep themselves, staff and public safe
- Metrolink services to increase frequency from next week to allow social distancing
19 Mar 2020
Early morning peak-time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to help Greater Manchester’s older and disabled get to shops during Coronavirus outbreak
• Peak time concessionary travel pass restrictions lifted to allow older and disabled people free travel for essential journeys during morning rush hour.
• Refunds available for some Metrolink 28-day and annual passes.
• Non-essential travel by public transport discouraged as public transport services expected to reduce in frequency.
05 Feb 2020