8 items found
• Mayor plans immediate talks with Government to accelerate bus franchising, with new target of 2024
• 95 electric vehicle charging points to be delivered by end of the year, with a further 200 by end of 2022
• Bike hire scheme to launch in November, with delivery partner announced next month
• 100km of cycling and walking routes to be completed by end of year
• Mayor asks TfGM to accelerate plans to bring Metrolink to Middleton as part of regeneration vision for town
• Mayor to chair inaugural meeting of Bee Network delivery board
Park and ride capacity at Mills Hill rail station is set to more than double, allowing more people to access public transport while helping to reduce congestion and improve air quality.
- Greater Manchester calls on government for urgent meeting to discuss concerns from the taxi and private hire trade that the impacts of the pandemic – combined with current government policy – may threaten livelihoods and the sector as a whole.
- Renewed calls to close legal loophole that allows private hire vehicle drivers and vehicle owners to dodge local regulations.
- Concerns about the future of availability of wheelchair accessible hackney cabs without adequate funding support.
- Work under way to assess and understand public consultation responses and impacts of COVID-19 on Clean Air Zone proposals and funding support packages.
- Final Greater Manchester Clean Air Plan to be put forward to decision makers as soon as possible and by summer 2021 at latest.
- Securing right level of government funding “absolutely critical” to support local businesses and organisations before the government-mandated Clean Air Zone is introduced.
Greater Manchester Mayor and Leaders rally final views on Clean Air Zone proposals to help build the case for government funding
- With just one week left to take part in the GM-wide Clean Air consultation, local politicians say feedback is crucial to make a water-tight government funding ask to reflect Covid conditions.
- Clean Air Zone key to build back cleaner and greener from the pandemic – cleaning up our air now and for future generations.
- Members of the public and the taxi and private hire trade urged to feedback on parallel consultation proposals that would help promote new customer and vehicle standards, and protect the trade from out of town competition.
TfGM urges parents and pupils to check travel advice, plan ahead and cycle or walk to school where possible in September
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is advising parents and pupils to plan ahead for how they will travel to school in September and to cycle, walk or scoot to school where they can.
Amey has been appointed by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) to expand and maintain the city-region’s publicly owned electric vehicle (EV) charging network.
Following the announcement of a new Environment Bill in yesterday’s Queen’s speech, Greater Manchester authorities today made renewed calls on government to commit funding to the region’s ambitious Clean Air Plan proposals.