276 items found, showing page 1 of 23
Extra trams are being put on to help passengers affected by rail strikes get around the city-region next week.
Residents in Stockport can now give their views on several proposed new crossings and access improvements that will enable more people to walk, cycle or wheel for everyday journeys.
Metrolink’s pay-as-you-go contactless system hit a major new milestone following one of the busiest weekends in transport history for Greater Manchester.
As part of the Youth Travel Ambassador programme, high school students across Greater Manchester have been invited to present ideas to encourage active travel across the region.
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is running minibuses to cover several bus routes in Rochdale until the end of July.
Members of the public travelling in Greater Manchester this week are being asked to plan ahead and stay safe as 300,000 music-lovers prepare to see some of the world’s biggest musical acts hit the stage.
Over 100 people attend safe urban driving courses provided by Transport for Greater Manchester and Nationwide Cycling Academy
More than 100 people from across Greater Manchester have attended a safe urban driving training course designed to help drivers hone their skills to improve road safety for cyclists and pedestrians.
Whether its reading spaces, quiet places or somewhere to meet new faces, people are being asked to submit their ideas for a chance to win a free decommissioned yellow school bus this summer.
Dame Sarah Storey champions School Streets, as Wigan welcomes walking and cycling-friendly initiative
- Dame Sarah Storey, the newly appointed Active Travel Commissioner for Greater Manchester (GM), visited Sacred Heart Catholic School and Leigh Central Primary School in Leigh yesterday (Thursday 19 May), which both have become School Streets.
- School Streets is a pioneering scheme helping transform school runs, with TfGM working with councils and schools as part of a phased roll-out in 2022/23.
- There are eight School Streets confirmed across Wigan, with the borough having ambitions to expand to many more schools, making school journeys safer by prioritising walking, scooting, and cycling over driving.
Passengers urged to plan ahead this Sunday amid Great Manchester Run and Man City v Aston Villa game
Whether you are taking part in the run, attending the game, or simply out and about, we have some useful travel advice to ensure you avoid the road closures, congestion and crowds.
The Metrolink Park & Ride facility at the Radcliffe stop has reopened today (Monday 16 May) following the completion of construction works which has added 111 extra car parking spaces.
Greater Manchester receives £13 million from government’s Active Travel Fund to continue delivering UK’s largest cycling and walking network
- UK government has committed an additional £13 million to Greater Manchester to deliver six new cycling and walking schemes in Manchester, Rochdale, Salford and Tameside.
- The funding will be used to create protected cycle lanes, crossing facilities and roll out award-winning CYCLOPS junctions in five locations.
- The new routes will form a vital part of the Bee Network, GM’s vision for an integrated transport system connecting all forms of public transport, including active travel.
- This announcement follows confirmation that the city-region is set to receive more than £1 billion to help deliver the Bee Network, which includes a further £63 million dedicated to active travel.