208 items found, showing page 1 of 18
Transport passengers are being urged to keep themselves and others safe by following some simple steps as coronavirus infection rates continue to rise ahead of winter.
Demolition begins at Stockport’s old bus station to make way for multi-million-pound interchange with rooftop park and 196 new apartments in a landmark development
From Monday 18 October 2021, demolition of Stockport’s old bus station will begin to make way for a new state-of-the-art transport interchange in the heart of the town centre.
- Mayor and Transport Commissioner launch public conversation on GM’s journey to the Bee Network – an integrated transport system which will join together buses, trams, cycling, and walking by 2024, with rail incorporated by 2030
- The Network will transform how people travel in GM, supporting seamless end-to-end journeys, with the Bee symbol intended as a trusted guarantee of a good service
- By getting involved in the Destination: Bee Network Conversation, people can help to bring the vision to life based on what’s most important to them
- GM has secured one of the largest support packages outside of London with £120m to help regional businesses, people and organisations upgrade to cleaner, compliant vehicles and avoid a daily charge
- A decision on the launch date for the Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone Financial Support Scheme is due on 13 October
- If approved, initial funding will launch for GM-registered HGVs on 30 November, followed by funding for GM-registered Private Hire Vehicles, Hackney Carriages, coaches, minibuses and Light Goods Vehicles at the end of January 2022
Metrolink’s ‘London-style’ pay-as-you-go contactless system is proving more popular than ever, with more than 5 million journeys now having been made since its launch.
- Junction has opened in Hulme, Manchester, during the city region’s active travel network Year of Delivery
- A Greater Manchester invention, the CYCLOPS junction won a Brake safety award in 2020 and are now being built in other cities in the UK, including Cambridge
- A further seven CYCLOPS junctions are currently under construction in Greater Manchester
The Metrolink car park in Whitefield closes from today as part of a scheme to increase the overall number of car parking spaces for Metrolink customers in Bury.
- One of the largest cycle hire schemes outside London confirmed for city-region
- 1,500 ‘Bee Network Bikes’, including e-bikes, will begin a phased role out this autumn
- A new map reveals the first cycle-hire zone where people can hire and use both pedal bikes and e-bikes
- The first cycle hire zone will include areas of Manchester, Salford and Trafford
- Hard-hitting campaign fronted by bereaved parents, a family liaison officer and fire fighter and featuring dramatic reconstruction based on real incident
- Quartet give personal accounts of the devastating impact of road traffic collisions
- Statistics show that speeding over the limit kills or seriously injuries 21% of people involved in crashes in Greater Manchester, while up to 40% of car journeys exceed speed limit
- With more road trips expected with return to school and workplace, drivers encouraged to think differently when getting behind the wheel
Here’s everything you need to know on how to get around Greater Manchester during a fun-filled weekend.
- The Bee Flex Weekly launches today (Monday 6) on Metrolink
- People can now make unlimited journeys on Metrolink and never pay more than a seven-day travel pass when they touch-in and out with a contactless bank card or device
- It means that tram passengers using contactless in zone 1 will have their Monday to Sunday charges capped at £10.60. Customers travelling across all zones will be capped at £31
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and LifeBuoy have partnered up to provide Metrolink and bus users with free hand sanitiser at key stops and interchanges across the transport network.