224 items found, showing page 1 of 19
Greater Manchester residents have been advised that they will need to follow targeted and temporary measures – including wearing face coverings on all forms of public transport - to help prevent the spread of the new Omicron variant.
Greater Manchester’s Clean Air Financial Support Scheme is now open for applications from locally-registered heavy goods vehicle (HGV) owners who could be affected by the introduction of the city-region’s Clean Air Zone.
- Clean Air Zone Financial Support Scheme to launch on 30 November for Greater Manchester-registered heavy goods vehicles (HGVs).
- Funding for GM-licensed taxis and private hire vehicles, coaches, vans and minibuses will open at end of January 2022, along with applications for exemptions and discounts
- Online checker– launched to provide more support to Greater Manchester residents and businesses to prepare ahead of Clean Air Zone - now live
- Contracts signed with Hampshire Trust Bank, Haydock Finance, RCI Financial Services and Shire Leasing to provide vehicle financing to help people upgrade
- Letters to be delivered in late November to Greater Manchester-registered HGV owners that would be subject to Clean Air Zone daily charges – directly notifying those affected of exemptions and funding support
- Installation of Clean Air Zone ANPR enforcement cameras and signage continues as part of major roll-out ahead of the Zone going live on 30 May 2022
With the festive season now in full swing, the Christmas markets booming, shoppers out hunting for gifts, friends and family getting together and a series of major sporting events and gigs coming up - people are being asked to plan ahead when making journeys over the next month.
Greater Manchester is bringing together experts from across the country to help develop an action plan to reduce road danger in the region.
- The first phase of Greater Manchester’s 24/7 cycle hire scheme has launched today
- Hire bikes are now available from multiple stations along Oxford Road and at the University of Salford – making cycling a real option for commuters, cross city travellers and students.
- To celebrate, new users will receive a free 15-minute ride, plus free unlock, if they use the scheme between 18th and 19th November.
A new campaign, highlighting how the TravelSafe Partnership (TSP) is working to keep Greater Manchester’s travelling public safe, launches today.
Manchester’s famous Christmas Markets are back - with a host of festive treats available for everyone - here’s everything you need to know about travel to make the most of your trip.
Over the past four weeks, the Destination: Bee Network bus has been touring across Greater Manchester gathering people’s opinions on how to transform the way people travel in the region.
People travelling on Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday are being urged to plan ahead as the city-region pauses to remember those who have served and lost their lives in war and conflict.
Local councillors joined a special TravelSafe Partnership operation on Metrolink’s Bury line this week to tackle crime and antisocial behaviour and give passengers the confidence to travel safely.