204 items found, showing page 1 of 17
- Junction has opened in Hulme, Manchester, during the city region’s active travel network Year of Delivery
- A Greater Manchester invention, the CYCLOPS junction won a Brake safety award in 2020 and are now being built in other cities in the UK, including Cambridge
- A further seven CYCLOPS junctions are currently under construction in Greater Manchester
The Metrolink car park in Whitefield closes from today as part of a scheme to increase the overall number of car parking spaces for Metrolink customers in Bury.
The Metrolink operator, KeolisAmey Metrolink (KAM) and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has issued the following statements following confirmation from Unite that they will now ballot members on a revised pay offer.
- One of the largest cycle hire schemes outside London confirmed for city-region
- 1,500 ‘Bee Network Bikes’, including e-bikes, will begin a phased role out this autumn
- A new map reveals the first cycle-hire zone where people can hire and use both pedal bikes and e-bikes
- The first cycle hire zone will include areas of Manchester, Salford and Trafford
- Hard-hitting campaign fronted by bereaved parents, a family liaison officer and fire fighter and featuring dramatic reconstruction based on real incident
- Quartet give personal accounts of the devastating impact of road traffic collisions
- Statistics show that speeding over the limit kills or seriously injuries 21% of people involved in crashes in Greater Manchester, while up to 40% of car journeys exceed speed limit
- With more road trips expected with return to school and workplace, drivers encouraged to think differently when getting behind the wheel
Here’s everything you need to know on how to get around Greater Manchester during a fun-filled weekend.
- The Bee Flex Weekly launches today (Monday 6) on Metrolink
- People can now make unlimited journeys on Metrolink and never pay more than a seven-day travel pass when they touch-in and out with a contactless bank card or device
- It means that tram passengers using contactless in zone 1 will have their Monday to Sunday charges capped at £10.60. Customers travelling across all zones will be capped at £31
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and LifeBuoy have partnered up to provide Metrolink and bus users with free hand sanitiser at key stops and interchanges across the transport network.
TV presenter and radio host, Dermot O’Leary, will be a guest announcer on Metrolink this weekend as the city prepares for the 10th Soccer Aid for UNICEF.
Half a million pounds is to be spent improving safety and traffic efficiency at 20 Manchester pedestrian crossings.
Work under way to prepare for rollout of Greater Manchester wide Clean Air Zone and £120m Financial Support Scheme
- First of around 850 ANPR cameras and 2,000 signs being installed on the highways network in readiness for Greater Manchester-wide Clean Air Zone launch on 30 May 2022.
- The GM Clean Air Plan Financial Support Scheme to launch in late November to help make sure that affected drivers and businesses can easily access funding support to upgrade to compliant vehicles.
- Vehicle dealers are being sought to join the GM Clean Air Plan-accredited dealership scheme to help distribute the multi-million-pound funding.
- People asked for views on two issues so that the ten GM local authorities can decide if they are to be included in the final plan, affecting motorhomes and the boundary in the Worsley area.
- Contracts signed with Egis Projects SA, McCann & Co Ltd, AECOM Limited and QV Systems to build and operate the GM Clean Air Zone, expand the GM Clean Air Plan NO2 monitoring network and the technology underpinning the GM Clean Air Plan Financial Support Scheme.
More frequent trams are set to be reintroduced on Metrolink’s busiest lines from next week.