243 items found, showing page 1 of 21
Most Greater Manchester e-scooter retailers inform buyers of their legal restrictions, new study shows
Customers buying electric scooters from most retailers in Greater Manchester are being made aware of the legal restrictions surrounding their use, according to a new study commissioned by Safer Roads Greater Manchester.
Greater Manchester clean air leaders formally confirm call on government to review impact of vehicle supply chain issues on GM Clean Air Plan
- Representatives from Greater Manchester’s 10 councils issue letter to Environment Secretary requesting he pause second phase of GM Clean Air Zone (CAZ) funding and conducts fundamental government review of vehicle supply chain issues with GM support
- Supply chain report – commissioned by council leaders and mayor – highlights need for further research into affordability and availability of compliant vehicles, particularly vans
- All 10 councils legally directed to implement charging Clean Air Zone to tackle illegal air quality contributing to around 1,200 deaths and other health conditions in Greater Manchester every year
- Committee confirms first phase of the Clean Air Zone – due to launch in May 2022 – should go ahead. Funding remains available to help upgrade non-compliant HGVs, with further funding for next tranche of businesses to be opened as soon as possible.
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has awarded Willmott Dixon Construction Ltd the contract to deliver a new interchange with a rooftop park and associated residential development in Stockport town centre.
Emerging evidence about vehicle supply chain highlights need for government review of GM Clean Air Plan
- Report highlights concerns about affordability and availability of cleaner vehicles
- Air pollution contributes towards 1,200 deaths a year in Greater Manchester, with all ten Councils subject to a legal duty to tackle this by implementing a Clean Air Zone across Greater Manchester’s 10 boroughs
Proposals for spiral ramp connecting Stockport’s new town centre park to the River Mersey are unveiled
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and Stockport Council have unveiled ambitious proposals for an innovative spiral ramp linking the new town centre park being built above Stockport’s future transport interchange and the River Mersey.
Parents and pupils in parts of Manchester, Rochdale, Oldham and Tameside are being encouraged to plan school journeys on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 January, with industrial action expected to impact school bus services operate by First Manchester.
In a statement issued today Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham and Councillor Andrew Western, the city-region’s Clean Air lead said:
Here’s everything you need to know about tram services operating on New Year’s Eve - and Metrolink improvement works happening from 1 January.
Transport for Greater Manchester and Lime launch Christmas campaign to promote safe e-scooter riding during the festive season
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and Lime, the world’s largest shared electric-bike and scooter company, along with Rochdale and Salford Councils have launched a Christmas campaign raising awareness of the risks of purchasing private e-scooters as gifts this festive season, as well as drink riding.
Over 10,000 miles have been clocked up by riders on Greater Manchester’s new Bee Network hire bikes in the first four weeks the scheme has been active.
Greater Manchester’s Mayor Andy Burnham has visited officers during a special TravelSafe Partnership (TSP) operation to see how they are helping to keep people safe on the network
Businesses and organisations across Greater Manchester are being encouraged to apply for funds to encourage and enable active travel for staff, customers and visitors.