12 Nov 2019
Trafford Park tram testing marks end of an exciting week
The first test tram has traversed the Trafford Park line track, capping a landmark week for the £350m Metrolink extension project.
08 Nov 2019
Extra services give festive boost to Metrolink customers
Metrolink customers will have reason for a little extra Christmas cheer, with additional and later running trams set to operate throughout the festive period.
05 Nov 2019
Landmark week for Trafford Park Metrolink line
Two key landmarks have been reached marking a significant step towards completion of the Trafford Park line project.
26 Sep 2019
Mayor sets out bold vision to double rail journeys as part of Our Network
- Double daily rail passenger numbers in regional centre to 200,000 by 2040
- Triple use of Metrolink across wider city-region
- Simple, convenient multimodal zonal ticketing
- Rebuild trust with a locally accountable GM Rail service
- Locally accountable rail network delivers reliable and frequent services
- GMCA to shortly consider the next key step in bus reform process
28 Aug 2019
Drivers told to think outside the box
Footage has been released by Transport for Greater Manchester showing motorists obstructing trams and other vehicles at yellow box junctions in and around the city centre, in a bid to remind motorists to take yellow box junctions more seriously and reduce accidents and congestion.